Sunday 20 August 2006

Creep #737

So I forgot to write about the guy I met on the people mover – or whatever it’s called – that brings you from your plane to the main terminal at Dulles Airport.

Let me rephrase: The creep I met.

Last week I was listening to him loudly explaining to an English woman how the people mover worked (it’s not rocket science) and then nattering on about the various Washington airports. He gave this woman incorrect information about transport to the various airports, and I stepped in to correct it (nicely).

“I used to live here,” I explained.

“Where did you live?” he asked.

“Dupont Circle,” I said.

He made a face. “Today that’s known as where all the gay people live,” he said.

I looked him in the eye and said: “It was that way when I lived there, too.” Then I moved as far away from him as I could get.

Ugh. I knew I should have been suspicious when I kept hearing him refer to National Airport as “Reagan Airport.”

2 comments:

  1. He is SO out of it. Dupont Circle is getting less and less gay by the day. Logan Circle is way more gay. So he's an idiot on several counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ugh. I knew I should have been suspicious when I kept hearing him refer to National Airport as “Reagan Airport.”"

    YOU are a diplomat. I think I would have told him that's what it was BEFORE HE GOT THERE.

    ReplyDelete