Wednesday 15 November 2006

The Brain Trust

I was back in the office for less than an hour today – not even in the office, actually, but at lunch – before job-loathing set in again.

A senior editor arrived from New York, calling for help from us because she couldn’t get in a cab because “I don’t have any Euros.” She said this repeatedly, apparently unaware that the UK has not joined the Euro. Other things she is unaware of: Who we are, how we report (she asked me how our bureau planned to report the Tom and Katie wedding because she had no idea how we did it), and who the band Keane is (apparently I’m not the only one who doesn’t read the very magazine I help produce).

And this particular senior editor has most favored nation status in New York.

Get me out of here, pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment