Tuesday 23 February 2010

The Morning BAFTA

Monday marked six weeks for me of no diet Coke. (I used to drink the stuff like it was my job -- liters and liters and liters.) If you believe what you read on an Evian bottle, it takes six weeks for the body's water supply to completely renew itself, so my body is now a diet-Coke free zone.

Of course, after my night at the BAFTAs (short recap: I talked cake with Colin Firth, played Space Invaders with Bonnie Wright/Ginny Weasley, and was nearly struck dumb by Nicholas Hoult's cheekbones) I may or may not have replaced all water with Grey Goose vodka. Still recovering. Went to bikram yoga this morning to detox.

More soon...

5 comments:

  1. Colin Firth! You lucky duck! Well done on the Cokeless six weeks... I've heard people say it can be as hard as giving up smoking :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right in there with you Beth, except I have given up diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Pepsi (Pepsi Light in Russia). Bring on the water! I draw the line at giving up coffee...it's all I have left.

    Colin Firth? I LOVE him. I wouldn't be able to speak to him, on account of all the saliva drooling out of my mouth! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to say... GENIUS post title ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Colin Firth - is he as charming and gorgeous in person?
    I used to mainline Diet Pepsi, but gave it up several years ago because it is supposed to be so bad for you. I have to admit, though - I had indulged in one now and again when I have a hangover - really, there is nothing better in my mind.

    ReplyDelete