Wednesday 12 April 2006

Starting All Over Again

Nothing makes me feel quite so smug and healthy as a lunch at my desk that involves little Tupperware containers, particularly if the little Tupperware containers contain things like hummus and mixed salad leaves.

Yes, desperate times – among them, the fact that my sister’s wedding is barely six months away – call for desperate measures. Namely, eDiets (with a modification or two of my own thrown in).

Unfortunately, in my limited experience – I've just finished Day One – eDiets seems to suffer several of the same afflictions as Weight Watchers. Like the overreliance on the word “serving.” Hello, if I knew what a serving was, would I need a diet in the first place? And then there is the helpful “1 pitta” (yes, they spell it that way – file under Divided By the Same Language, Extra Consonant Edition), when “pitta” is explained variously as “1 mini pitta,” “half a pitta,” and just “pitta.” Thanks – that clears it up.

Really, what are they thinking? I don’t sign up for actual diet plans because I have no idea of what I should eat. I sign up for diet plans – in particular this one, which even generates a shopping list for you – because I don’t want to think about what I should eat and what I could eat and whether it’s right. I just want to do exactly what I’m told. At least until I have to go out to lunch on Thursday…

No comments:

Post a Comment