Sunday 30 May 2010

PS

A disclaimer: I am posting easily available pictures (befores oh-so-kindly posted recently by a frenemy on Facebook) before I lose my nerve. Which I may yet do and remove them. But here you go.

The befores (where I was about 230 lbs, or 16 and a half stone) are from my stint as People's St Tropez bureau chief in the summer of 2006, about three months before I started losing weight. (Maybe someday I'll hook up my scanner so I can scan a pic of me at my heaviest, at my sister's wedding in October of 2006.) For the record, the magnum of champagne you see me "drinking" in the second photo was basically the rent I had to pay for a seat in the VIP room of a totally obnoxious club for the evening, and I couldn't really drink it (you can't be running to pee every 45 seconds when you're on the job). The first photo was taken aboard Puff Daddy/P Diddy/Sean Combs's yacht, and in light of her current infamy I must be so obnoxious as to point out that it actually was taken by Sarah, the Duchess of York. Seriously! (I remember her telling me to put down my Blackberry long enough to look up and smile -- can't say I miss those days...)




And after...

(To be fair, these are not me at my absolute slimmest, but they're pretty accurate, I think, given Dorset pounds. The photo with the green top on the rock was taken in August 2009, the other green top photo is from the Windsor Half Marathon in September, and the blue dress photo is from early December. I'm about 10 stone 7, or about 147 lbs, in these photos.)





11 comments:

  1. Funny, I imagined from your comments about yourself that you were heavier than you appear in the "before" pictures. You were attractive then and you are beautiful now. The blue dress is breathtaking on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beth, you are gorgeous (before and after), and actually quite like how i imagined you to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - now AND then! Thanks for the pictures - and I agree with Cara, you DO look like I imagined you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous! The lovely smile stands out in every pic. You look super fit and toned in the after ones. Good on you for posting -- very inspirational. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth you look fabulous! And I'm with the girls - it's not the size (although your weightloss journey has been absolutely amazing!) What stands out -even from old articles to now is your positive energy and radiant smile :) Happy belated Birthday btw...and seriously, I'll be 35 this December too -I keep telling myself that the 30's are the new 20's. You're young and beautiful - get out there and enjoy it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely! Your smile is so warm and genuine -- it matches your wonderful personality that I feel I've gotten to know through your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are (and were) absolutely lovely. So nice to put a face with the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing pictures of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay!!!i love being able to put a name with a face.

    as someone else pointed out, from your writings I expected you to be larger than you were, but in both pictures you have such a lovely and inviting smile, it definitely transfers through to your writing!

    and for some CRAZY reason, I expected you to be a blonde?! don't ask...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a transformation, you've done a great job! I really wish I could catch your exercise bug :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You look so fab!! You're so pretty both 'before' and 'after'. Glad I can put a (pretty) face to the blog

    Fi xx

    ReplyDelete