Monday 24 June 2013

I'll Leave the Cupcake

3 little monkeys + 1 sunburned aunt


I spent Friday night piping homemade frosting onto homemade cupcakes and making peanut butter and jam sandwiches in the shape of monkeys.

It was surprisingly fiddly, not surprisingly messy, and absurdly satisfying. It was for my (three) nephews’ third birthday party, and my sister needed help. I was happy to do it, happy I could do it, and happy none of it ended up in my mouth – not that night, and not the next day at the party.

It’s not that I intend to deny myself frosting forever. But I knew starting to eat it the night before would get messy, because I wouldn’t just take a taste, and I’d arrive at the party the next morning already feeling a little sick. At the party itself I was so busy chatting, chasing, and corralling that I never really got around to them.

It was a novel feeling, getting back home and for once not worrying about who had seen how many cupcakes (and heaven knows what else) I’d eaten, and what might be being said about me by my family.

It may be almost as good as cupcakes themselves.

Twenty-six days without a binge.

8 comments:

  1. You look great in that photo: chilled and happy. Long may it continue. Well done Missus!!

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you!! What a lovley photo - you look fab and the three little monkeys are very handsome !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOT! Fantastic (both the sandwich making and the frosting resisting)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good for you, but now I'm going to die of cuteness overload. Your neffs are gorgeous, and so are you. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, you look great!

    ReplyDelete