Friday 20 January 2006

Reasons Why I Will Not Be Converting My Two-Week Free-Trial Weight Watchers E-Source Membership to a Paying One

1. Too many people profoundly estranged from the shift key and any form of punctuation

2. Asked question about the points – “pointing,” as the boards put it – of the salmon made with lots of oil I had for lunch today, my primary concern being how to account for so much oil without grossly overestimating. Answer I received made no mention of oil. Felt like referring her – er, pointedly – back to my original question.

3. !!!!!!!

4. Foods in point database often described as “a portion.” A portion? If I knew what a portion was would I be on WW in the first place?

5. Proportion of posters (post-ers?) using the phrase "loosing weight" roughly equal to the proportion of those who use "u" "ya" "babe" "r" and "hun" -- which is to say, almost all.

6. Girl – freak of nature? – who continually posts about how she’s earned 37 billion bonus points through exercise and by the way is unable to even eat all of her food points, though she continually eats things she “fancies” like butter and mayo. Is the word “bitch” implied or do I actually have to write it?

2 comments:

  1. Thought your blog was great. try this site weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi beth! I followed your link from your comment on my blog. I've now spent all morning reading through, it's highly addictive.

    I thought this post was particularly brilliant... LOL !!! LMAO !!! etc!!!

    But seriously, I tried WW Online too and I wanted to clobber them all. Especially the smug bitches with too many points in thanks. And why is nothing I eat ever in the database? And why are points always POINTS! The only time anyone ever uses bloody capital letters is to say POINTS! POINTS! Arrrgh!

    Anyway, just wanted to say hello :)

    ReplyDelete