Friday 4 May 2007

All the Umbrellas in London...

I spoke to the Fig briefly while I was in Miami a couple of days ago.

“You’re in the diary for next week,” he said.

“Do you want to see Spamalot?” I asked. (We had talked about it as a possibility the previous week.)

“No,” he said. “I just want to see you.”

Squee!

Alongside the giddiness – sometimes actually replacing the giddiness, sometimes not -- is incredible wariness. I can’t help it, and apparently I’m not the only one who thinks it’s warranted. As one of the very few friends I have dared to tell wrote in an email yesterday, “Great about the Fig, but make sure he is nice to you.”

1 comment:

  1. Yes, cautious optimism is ALWAYS the way to go in these situations... but I know its hard.. especially when they are cute and have nicknames such as 'fig'.

    ReplyDelete