Wednesday 20 June 2007

Getting on With It

Yesterday I went to yoga and recalled how I nearly fell asleep in class the day after the Fig and I first met up, because I’d been unable to sleep that night. I thought about how he calls Pilates “Pirates” because it amuses him, knowing it doesn't make it sound even one iota more manly. And I thought, for the squillionth time, about what it is that makes someone one day be saying you should come out to his father’s house in the country, and the next decide that he never wants to see you again.

And then I got on with my yoga. And near the end of class, when someone was confused about how to do a shoulder stand, the teacher said: “Look at Beth,” and proceeded to describe how perfectly I was doing it. I can still remember not even being able to _start_ getting into the position.

4 comments:

  1. Wooooo-hoooo! Way to re-focus your energy, you perfect-posing yoga girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect shoulder stand. A perfect metaphor. Sorry about the Fig funk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm with billy... damn fine metaphor. and i am in AWE! shoulder stand, whoa! :)

    (PS was that email any help?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry 2 hear about the Fig...what does that stand for by the way? I can so relate to what you are going through because I am sort of going through a confusing relationship too. I always read yr blog and posted once-i am the french speaker. Anyway, wanted to tell you, you yourself are enough. This is the fig's loss, he clearly is not clear what he wants, nor can he recognize a good thing when it hits him in the face. And unless his grandmother died or smthg, I also find him a tad rude, for not calling back, etc. Truth is hon, he is just not interested, doesn't care, and you should move on as painful as this reality is. Keep telling yourself that you are enough and way to go focusing on your fitness you perfect posing gal you! Stay strong and do the inner work 2 ready yourself for the wonderful relationship that will undoubtedly follow this one. Bon courage Karine
    My e-mail: ifitis2be@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete