Monday 17 March 2008

Bali High

Greetings from Bali, where I stand out not only as the palest girl on the planet (I am so becoming English -- the other day I craved a cup of tea), but as the only one without a tattoo. (I'm not free from markings, though -- apparently the mosquitoes find me as delicious as they did when I was a child. No wonder no one else has any bites -- they're all feasting on me...)

Anyway, it's a gorgeous sunny day and I don't want to spend it inside on the Internet (this is the first I've been on in at least a week -- bliss!), but just a quick accountability post to say all is going well. I've gone 10 days without a binge and have been doing well with the exercise (running by the rice paddies, yoga yesterday, etc). Must be careful not to let my guard down, though -- it's always just when I think I can relax that I fall even harder than I thought possible. (Like yesterday -- spent the whole time we were in Bukit Lawang to see the orangutans thinking I was going to take some awful spill down a mountain and break something, and then yesterday, daydreaming my way down the street in Bali, I swear I nearly fell into a ditch!)

Have been keeping good notes so hoping actually to post some pictures along with words when I'm back after Easter... hey, I can dream.

2 comments:

  1. Jealous does not even begin to come close.....

    Well done and continue to have a wonderful time. You deserve it.

    I'm just about to set off on a long run - I wish there were rice paddies and beaches here rather than chilly clouds and muddy paths!!

    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt you are the 'palest girl on the planet' - I think I hold that title.
    I read an article about Bali approx. 12 years ago in an expensive Travel magazine. Since then I have always put that high on my "place to visit before I die" list. I am glad that I can enjoy vicariously through you. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete