Tuesday 1 September 2009

Jen & Me

I'm still on the never-say-no-to-a-free-workout-trial kick, but trekking across London at odd hours of the day and night is not always time (or cost) effective. So today's effort to combat workout boredom: I tried Jennifer Aniston's workout.

Um, it's not hard.

Or at least, it does not make me gasp for breath and sweat in a way that suggests forces are at work ripping fat off my body in such a way that I will look like Ms. Aniston.

According to the Times (which may or may not have nicked its info from my almost-employer), Jen runs on the treadmill for either 20 or 22 minutes at "precisely" 5.7 mph and a 1.5 incline. I started out at 10 kph and a 2.0 incline, which at the halfway mark I kicked up to 10.1 kph and a 3.0 incline. I got off at 20 minutes because I was a little bored (of treadmill-running, not my favourite thing) – and also because I'd already done a half hour on the cross trainer.

Maybe it's super-difficult when one doesn't eat? And she does couple it with a lot of yoga. And I know from personal experience that celebrity workouts printed in magazines are often a very small fraction of what said person actually does. That revelation probably doesn't surprise you: How many celebs do you think actually just have a fast metabolism and really don't diet, the way they all seem to claim?

***

I scale-hopped this morning: 10 stone 6 (146 lbs). I feel OK with that, actually. I've gone 15 days without a binge, which seems more important at the moment than what I actually weigh. (Ask me again about this if my clothes suddenly stop fitting.) And I've relaxed slightly about my food, having a bit more when I'm hungry – and sometimes that's extra chocolate and not, say, fruit, which is all I would have allowed myself in the past. I've had a good bit of wine. I feel like I'm living life instead of just trying to manage my food around it.

4 comments:

  1. Well, here's the thing with running... 5.7 MPH for ME would be REALLY fast. 1.5% incline? No sweat. I could run at that incline all freaking day a 5 MPH... You are probably in much better shape than Ms. Jen... Fitness is different for everybody though. She can run at 5.7, but I bet couldn't do a 26.2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But don't all the mags just tell porkies???! (You don't need to answer that!)

    Who knows what mysterious voodoo JA emplys to looks so lovely (she's one celeb I would trade bods with) but I doubt it's the workout being peddled in her name.

    Good luck with your workout chuck!

    Lesley X

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, you're officially fitter than A list Ms Aniston - whey-hey!

    Any tips how she gets her hair like that too?!!

    "I feel like I'm living life instead of just trying to manage my food around it" - wow, that's fantastic; the holy grail we're all chasing I think.

    love
    Peridot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sh*t! I didn't know that gig was for Self! Hope you find even better!
    You are still an inspiration to me as someone who's overcome binge eating for the most part. I used to binge evryday and your blog gave me courage. Oh, that and antidepressants :-)

    ReplyDelete