Saturday 12 September 2009

Sunshine

It's a lovely sunny day and I'm sitting inside writing a post partially because I feel the need to remove the previous one from view.

I try not to feel sorry for myself too often – there are a lot of people who are a whole lot worse off than I am (and hopefully, will ever be). But the previous post just happened to be one of the moments when I chose to wallow – thanks for listening.
I am dreading the email that will arrive any day now telling me how much I owe in US taxes, but other than that, things are looking up slightly. After two months of cajoling, I've landed an interview that should – fingers crossed – pay a month's rent when it's published. Payment for this particular magazine is on publication, and it's a monthly that has been known to sit on stories for years, but it's too early to worry about that now.

On the food and exercise front, I'm at 26 days without a binge. I'm determined to get to 30, which is just four days away, yes, but I'm staying at a friends' parents, which is always a binge trigger for me. (My room had a sampler of Green & Blacks left on the bed, and last night's dinner was homemade spaghetti Bolognese. When I finished the Mount St Pasta that had been served to me – I know, I know, I didn't have to finish it -- there was the a rather large puddle of tomatoey orange oil on my plate. Ah, let's not think about that....)

My weight seems to be hovering between 10 stone 5 and 10 stone 7 (145-147 lbs). I'm happier when it's closer to 10 stone 5, but mostly I'm OK with this – mostly because I have been having the extra odd treat and haven't been plagued too badly with hunger (although today and yesterday I've just felt constantly hungry and like I'm waiting for the next meal).

A bit of a nothing post, but just to let you know I'm not about to throw myself off of Waterloo Bridge or anything...

2 comments:

  1. We all need to vent sometimes ! It feelsbetter when you get it out of your system ! Glad your feeling a little better .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - go 30 days! Hope you're almost there and haven't let the G&B lead you astray.

    love
    Peridot x

    ReplyDelete