Monday 14 December 2009

In Transit

I’m typing this on my blackberry while hungover on a District Line train to nowhere (well, not really, but the District line creeps along so slowly it always feels that way). Hungover, you ask? Yes, Cinderella went to the ball last night. No word on whether the coach and horses turned back into a pumpkin and mice, because in this version they were made of chocolate, which means I ate them. Along with about eleventeen million Grey Goose cocktails that involved pink grapefruit (so, um, if this were Weight Watchers could I count these as a fruit?). And sugar. Lots o’ sugar. I think there was also one that involved cognac. And possibly elderflower. But not in the same cocktail.

Anyway, I’m moving slowly today, as is my computer, which appears to be importing the blog archives more slowly than even the District Line. A proper update from last night – and on life in general – is coming. Thanks again for reading, and for your patience!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the invite - hope the hangover has dissipated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sending the invitation. I'm all too familiar with the hangover feeling - the food kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you cope with hangovers? Any tried and tested cures...unfortunately mine involve macDs.

    ReplyDelete