Monday 5 January 2009

Nowhere to Go But Up

My 2009 started with a bang. In the first three days I:
1. Cried more than I have in at least the previous three years combined
2. Felt more alone than I think I ever have
3. Drank more alcohol – and mixed more kinds of alcohol (pinot noir, cognac, vodka and slimline tonic)-- in one evening than I have in years and finished by
4. Cheating on boyfriend (cause of 1 and 2, and a huge reason for 3) by snogging male friend I secretly am crazy about. Well, not so secretly now, since I tend to blab a lot when I drink.

The year can only go up from here… right?

I have eleventeen million things to do (approximately 947.2 of which are boring admin-type things) before my official Last Day In the Office Jan 23. Much as I’d like to procrastinate further by filling you in on my December (the Christmas pudding with brandy butter, brandy cream and clotted cream! The waist size 28 jeans that fit Christmas morning but may never fit again! The pearl-and-diamond earrings that, to quote a friend of mine – in fact the very friend I snogged – say “When are you going to marry our son?”), I know that I shouldn’t. After all, I’ve got less than 15 days to take advantage of free long distance phone calls from the office.

Seriously, I do plan to return to being a normal, functioning blogger (I like my New Year’s resolutions to be achievable – last year’s included “wear my fancy shoes more often” -- so I’m not saying “normal, functioning human being”), but it may not be before Jan. 23.

5 comments:

  1. When you mention cheating on your boyfriend.... is this the same boyfriend who beds other women and lets them leave their earrings on the nightstand? If so then kissing a crush = no big thang.

    Sounds like a seriously fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For UK readers you should clarify that you don't mean dress size 28 jeans but waist size 28 jeans? Waist size 28 jeans - that's AMAZING! Wowee.

    Everyone's bigger after Christmas - none more so than emotional eaters and if that's you then I can really see where you're coming from with everything going on in your life.

    Looking forward to reading more blog posts though.

    love
    Peridot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - sounds like a good Christmas!!

    I wouldn't worry about drinking too much or snogging your pal....that's a traditional English Christmas and New Year isn't it?? (I'm a bit confused by the marrying his son bit...(!?))

    So, skinny girl, hope you find lots to do very quickly and have a fantastic 2009!!

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I hope you're feeling a bit better now. You're not alone though!

    CP x

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me, behaviour during the holiday season is like a behaviour on a trip to Vegas. What happens during that period stays in that period, never to be mentioned again. I have total faith in your ability to return to being a normal functioning blogger, if only for my own selfish sake, because your blog is such a pleasure to read :)

    ReplyDelete