Friday 27 February 2009

All Clear

Thanks so much for the kind words -- I'm fine.

PS Apparently fatty deposits -- common in women who have lost a lot of weight -- present as lumps. Now they tell me. I'm not going to suggest you ignore it if you find something when you self-check (and you all self-check, right? That would be me looking away sheepishly, because I never used to. ), but consider this one more reason not to descend into hysteria. Speaking of which, I found it tremendously helpful to ban myself from the Internet during the waiting period -- otherwise I think I might have self-diagnosed into a frenzy.

I've got a zillion things to do, including recovering from the first proper binge I've had in ages (four muffins, 1 Cadbury caramel egg, 2 Cornish pasties, the head of the poor guy who refused to sell me a jam-and-cream finger because it "wasn't fresh," as if I cared at that point), not to mention figuring out exactly why I did it. (Honestly, I'm not sure.) So more later...

4 comments:

  1. Do you think it was relief? Strong emotion pushing you towards food? What do I know?!

    Very glad that your mind is set at rest. And you were wise not to hit the internet - I think that can feed the most underactive of imaginations.

    love
    Peridot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!

    Yeah, it was relief. It was the letting go of the built up stress. It's fine... just let it go... you're healthy... Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That´s great! You can enjoy your weekend fully now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you heard before the weekend! Wonderful news!!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete