Thursday 29 April 2010

Short Circuits

Call me a sad, sad girl, but tonight I was all excited to use a guest pass I'd gotten to a superfancy gym in Notting Hill. Not so much for the plush surroundings, but for the classes. For me it's a treat to have a workout I don't have to think about – to just do as I'm told for 50 minutes to an hour and know when I'm done that I've had a good workout, instead of me coaxing myself to run a few more minutes.

Except this was quite possibly the worst class I've been to in a long time. It was a circuits class, and the instructor was (a) annoying, (b) trying to talk to you endlessly (see annoying, as before), and (c) did I mention she was annoying? She also was disorganized, late, and possibly not capable of devising a workout that would challenge even the 88-year-old old dear I interviewed today.

Grrrrr.

I was too hungry for dinner to even think about doing more exercise. So I walked out of the gym almost smack into Annie Lennox, which did not improve my mood. (She was the worst interview I've ever done in my life.) I grumbled to myself halfway down the street, then had to stop and laugh.

I was cranky and annoyed.

Because I'd had a bad workout.

Oh, how my life has changed!

Frankly, I could have used a good workout. It's been a busy few days in Bethville, and a serious challenge to the sense of humor. Thanks to a job interview (for a job I don't think I want, but never mind about that), a dinner with O., a lot of work, and a lot of housekeeping-type-running-a-small-business-type things, I've been alternately sad, anxious, overwhelmed, stressed out and exhausted.

One thing I have not been: Overeating or bingeing.

It's been 19 days since my last binge – the longest I've managed since January, I'm quite sure. Long may the streak continue...

Whittle My Middle:
April 26
Plank: 3:25
Side plank: 1:10 each side
Boat pose: 35 sec
Plank ups: 10 reps
Torso twist: 21 reps
Bicycle crunches: 2 sets of 30
Side twists: 12 reps each side

April 27
Plank: 4 minutes
Side plank: 1:10 each side
Boat pose: 30 sec
Plank ups: 12 reps
Torso twist: 22 reps
Bicycle crunches: 2 sets of 30
Side twists: 12 reps each side

April 29
Plank: 2:45 (feeling quite tired)
Side plank: 1 minute each side
Boat pose: 35 sec
Plank ups: 12 reps
Torso twist: 22 reps
Bicycle crunches: 2 sets of 30
Side twists: 12 reps each side

No comments:

Post a Comment