Saturday 14 July 2012

Noticed

Noted: I have been crazy tired lately – struggling to get out of bed, and wanting a nap in the late afternoon (which I do not dare do because then I won't sleep later). Is this still detox, or heat, or a combination of both, or something else entirely? I'm not sleeping any less than I used to.

And breaking news: I must remember that when I eat lunch too late – and get too hungry – it never fills me up, even if it is a lunch that does the job reasonably well on other days. (Except at the very end of a binge, I can always, always eat more.) It makes for an uncomfortable afternoon, feeling like I'm just waiting for the hunger to pass, and reminds me of my days of starving – which makes me panic slightly. But that is future-tripping -- What if the hunger never passes? What if I'm hungry all day? – not living in the present.

It didn't help my hunger much that, buoyed by the fitting of one dress, I decided to try on a very fitted skirt that I could zip just before I left for London. It wasn't even on the same planet as fitting, sigh. I immediately felt hungry and wanted to eat. Noted.

Day nine. (Sorry, Lesley!)

1 comment:

  1. Ha, now I'm hearing it in the BB Geordie man's accent too.

    When emotionally fragile I find it best to stay away from anything which might tip me over the edge...whether that be clothes which may or may not fit, or god forbid weighing scales.

    Nothing good can come of it. If I've lost weight I see it as incentive to eat, if I've gained (or even maintained) then it's throw the towel in may as well get even fatter time.

    With you day by day darling. Been there, done it all, bought the t shirt which I dare not try on for size! x

    ReplyDelete