Wednesday 9 September 2015

Day Fifteen

I went out tonight in part because I got my hair cut, and it depresses me to sit home and waste a really awesome blowout.

I wish I had somewhere really fun to be, but instead I went -- fairly reluctantly, it must be said -- to a pre-fashion week event. I say "fairly reluctantly" because I feel enormous, and although these events are useful for running into editors and otherwise meeting people, I don't want to run into editors or otherwise meet people. I want to hide behind my computer and not leave until I'm at least a size or two smaller. Which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

There was wine and vodka drinks and passed appetizers, but I ignored all of it. It helped that it was so unbelievably hot in there that all I wanted to do was escape. Like, seriously, the sweat was dripping down my legs. I'd have felt worse about it -- blaming it on my size -- except absolutely everyone was schvitzing. The event included a presale shop for a collection that hasn't been released yet and is expected to be popular, but beautiful as the clothes were, I couldn't even think about trying on anything in that heat. Anyway, I don't need anything, and don't particularly want to buy much at this size, per usual.

Got home and decided I should post more regularly to remind myself that sometimes I really do make good choices, like not standing around drinking on a random Tuesday night. Wondering if posting more frequently will make me any more accountable or just more boring?

No comments:

Post a Comment