Sunday 20 September 2015

A Slip

I slipped last night after some cocktailing, and am thoroughly annoyed with myself, in part because the evening (and the food) wasn’t even worth it. In the scheme of things it wasn’t awful – 2 pieces of pizza and some frozen yogurt with some toppings I scarfed from the bar, ugh. (I know. Frozen yogurt. WTF? And the day before I had just walked by a new artisanal ice cream place that opened by me and thought: Totally not tempted. I never crave frozen yogurt. It clearly was just defiance.)
It was Day 27. But if you’re going to drive from New York to California and you get car trouble in Michigan, you don’t drive back to New York and start over, right? You fix the problem and keep going. So that is what I’m doing.

I knew it was going to happen. I could feel it. My phone was dying and I was hungry (I felt like I’d been hungry for a couple of days) and tired and watching someone eat a fig and manchego flatbread and I just wanted it all. And I was bored. Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. I am just now finding that you came back to blogging. I'm sorry to read that you have had a rough time of things lately. I can (as always) recognize myself in your actions. I have been on a good bend this year, down 68 lbs. but now have been on the dreaded plateau for several weeks. I hope you are able to dust yourself off - post binge - and get back to your program. I am also doing the no carb thing. Not quite Paleo but no bread, rice, potatoes, flour... It gets daunting sometimes and especially when losing weight seems to cease. But, I heed your advice and "keep going". Feel better soon. Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. How're you getting on?? All love as always from one intermittant blogger to another.

    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete