Sunday 10 May 2009

Tired and Hungry

Warning: I am exhausted and low.

The exhaustion is from lack of sleep, cumulative alcohol consumption (I’ve drunk every night this week except one – very rare for me), and general weariness of dealing. Today I received another email from BN2’s mother. And I had to write to BN2 himself, since I’d said I’d be in touch.

I ended up not sending him anything remotely like the note I started composing yesterday – only a brief email saying I’d asked him to give me space and time and that I’d like to give him an explanation beyond the one I already gave, but that I felt pushed and not ready. I said I’d be in touch when I could, and asked him – again – to respect my need for space and time.

I sent that about 2:30 pm, and since then have been uneasy, waiting for some kind of upsetting response. I know it’s going to make him angry. What I felt like writing to him was that if he’d respected my space and time than maybe I’d have given him a response sooner (which I think is true), but saying so wouldn’t have been productive. I’m just trying to keep my side of the street clean, frankly. I haven’t been all that proud of some of my behavior in recent months, and it doesn’t make it right for me to claim he pushed me to it.

It hasn’t helped my mood that I’ve been hungry almost all day, a combination of being tired and up very early, plus some unwise food choices (such as a lunch that used up my calorie allotment but I knew wouldn’t fill me up – I chose it because I was in a rush). I also did something today I never do, which is to have an extra snack: my Victoria sponge. Hmmm, M&S’s is not worth it. I’m glad I know so I can stop eyeing it longingly.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Beth, why are you still putting so much energy into this guy? Why why why??? It's all negative energy! What are you hoping it will bring you? Are you in some way waiting for his understanding, for his okay? Beside the fact that he won't give you that, *much* more important is that you don't nééd it.
    YOU are important. Put your energy into YOU. Please, try to really feel that this guy no longer has any power over you, that he doesn't get to make you feel like shit. You're done with this, it's over, you deserve much better.

    I really really hope you will reach this point very soon and cut him (ánd his mother -- what's up with that??) OUT of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth you don't owe him anything. You don't have to email him. You never have to speak to him, or contact him again, not if you don't want to. Regardless of him, his mother anyone else.

    ReplyDelete